Mother’s Day is the one day of the year dedicated to honoring the most important women in our lives.
This year, Mother’s Day will be a bit different for many of us. The coronavirus pandemic and its resulting stay-at-home mandates have made visits to our most vulnerable loved ones challenging and may place them at risk of infection. Unfortunately, not all of us will be able to spend the day with our moms this Mother’s Day.
Because of this, many of us who love our moms dearly will have to find new ways to tell her just how much we care.
While we may have to honor the most important women in our lives from a distance this year, there are plenty of great ways to some love when those hugs and kisses we love so much are not possible.
We've gathered some of our favorite Mother's Day Gift Ideas that are easy to send and sure to make her smile. These gifts were selected for their thoughtfulness and ease of sending.
We’ve found something for everyone!
For the mom who has a green thumb:
If your mom loves to tend and display her indoor plants, check out these lovely and unique hanging planters perfect for holding her plants and sprucing up any space:
For the mom who loves to read:
Give your mom the gift of reading. No matter what her favorite genre or reading is, you’re sure to find something she will love. If she is required to stay home due to the Covid-19 risk, reading her favorite tales can help pass the time.
How can you do that? There are 2 ways to do this:
- Go to the Kindle store on Amazon and pick out a book for mom. Next to the BUY button, you’ll see “Give As A Gift”. Enter her email address and a link will be sent to her where she can download her book to her Kindle or another device like an iPad or a tablet. Check this one out for only $49.
- Send mom an Amazon gift certificate that she can redeem. She will be able to pick the books she loves the best. You can buy Amazon cards online and send via email or purchase a card that you can mail or deliver in person.
For the mom who loves her garden space:
Maybe an outdoor garden is your mom’s favorite place. Here are some special touches to add a little sparkle.
A solar-powered, lighted bouquet that’s always in bloom:
And something for the bird watcher:
For the artistic mom:
If your mom is the artist in the family, a gift of her favorite art supplies or crafting items will make her day!
If scrapbooking is more mom’s style, consider a scrapbooking kit. An added bonus is this activity is great for preserving memories and making new ones. Scrapbooking can be done on her own or with the grandkids and other family members. Our elders hold the family’s history in their hearts - making memory books is a great way to preserve precious moments.
Don’t forget to consider a Classy Pal clothing protector. They aren’t just for meals—they make a great clothing protector for those messy crafting projects or tending to the garden!
Sharing Your Gift
Covid-19 has changed the way we gather and connect with our loved ones this year. For many families, getting together will be postponed or look a little different. Hugs and kisses may be replaced by air kisses and waves through a window or from the car. Visits may be with social distancing. It’s ok to be creative and visit in a way that is safest for mom.
If being with mom isn’t an option, here are some great suggestions for saying, “I love you” on her special day.
- Deliver flowers in a new way. Most florists may be closed so why don’t you handpick some lovely wildflowers and leave them on her doorstep in a pretty vase. A flowery decal on her window is a sweet way to wish her a lovely day.
- Have mom’s gift wrapped and delivered with a sweet card enclosed.
- Leave mom’s wrapped gift at her door (if safe to do so) so she will have a sweet surprise.
- Send her a lovely card or e-card.
- Give the gift of music. Send mom her favorite music in whatever format she uses.
- Schedule a video call with all of her loved ones present and share some family time.
No matter how you choose to say, “I love you, Mom,” the most important thing is that you do it. Moms love that their children think of them and what they most want from you is your time. Knowing you took time to do something nice for them no matter how big or small means the world to them.
Although the coronavirus has impacted the way we connect, we know that love conquers all and that we can find ways to honor those we love. From all of us at Classy Pal, we wish you and your families well. We will get through this and we will do it together.